12 Oct 2018
Nex is an architecture and urban design studio working on special projects in arts & culture, leisure, work, learning and transport. We design buildings that focus on context, people and atmosphere, and our vision is to better connect architecture to the city by closely integrating our buildings with the public realm.
We have a vacancy for a Part III qualified architect to join our team. The successful candidate will gain experience of a diverse range of project uses and scales and can follow projects from concept through to construction. We offer training and support in a friendly and collaborative environment, and the opportunity for career advancement. We offer a competitive salary based on RIBA guidelines and applicant experience.
Your Skills and Experience
We are looking for a creative designer who is also comfortable working with detail to achieve beautifully crafted buildings. You should have strong sense of initiative and be comfortable working independently to budgets and deadlines. You should be an excellent communicator – able to connect with others and empathise with other points of view.
Applicants should show us that you have the following skills:
- Strong design and representation skills.
- Experience of running / working on projects in the UK.
- Competent / comfortable working in Revit and / or Rhino.
- Strong detailing ability and technical knowledge for tender and construction stages.
- Good knowledge of UK regulations and approvals processes.
- Comfortable leading consultants and working with diverse project stakeholders.
- Knowledge of preparing specifications.
- Ability to sketch freehand.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
To apply, please submit your applications to by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a cover letter, CV, and portfolio (PDF, max 10MB). Please confirm your notice period required to leave your current position and your salary expectations.
All applicants must be based in the UK. We are an equal opportunities employer.