Senior Project Architect
12 Oct 2018
Senior Project Architect / Associate
Nex is an architecture and urban design studio working on special projects in arts & culture, leisure, work, learning and transport. We design buildings that focus on context, people and atmosphere, and our vision is to better connect architecture to the city by closely integrating our buildings with the public realm.
We have a vacancy for an experienced senior Project Architect / Associate to join our team. The role is at a senior level and includes project and practice leadership at strategic and executive levels. We are seeking an ambitious candidate who is wants to grow into a senior leadership role.
You will work alongside founder Alan Dempsey and will have the opportunity to lead on a diverse range of projects from concept through to construction. We offer training and support in a friendly and collaborative environment, and the opportunity for further career advancement. We offer a competitive salary based on RIBA guidelines and applicant experience.
Your Skills and Experience
You will be a creative designer who is also comfortable working with detail to achieve beautifully crafted buildings. You should have strong sense of initiative and be comfortable leading a team to complete projects within agreed budgets and deadlines. You should be an excellent communicator – able to connect with others and empathise with other points of view.
Applicants should show us that you have the following skills:
- Strong design and representation skills with an ability to 3D model and sketch freehand.
- 5 years’ experience of successfully running projects in the UK through all stages.
- Competent / comfortable delivering projects in Revit and/or Rhino.
- Strong detailing ability and technical knowledge for tender and construction stages.
- Excellent knowledge of UK regulations and approvals processes.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Highly competent design team leader with experience of coordinating projects and working with diverse project stakeholders.
- Knowledge of preparing specifications.
- An ability to think strategically and establish systems and standards in a growing studio.
- A patient mentor who can lead and mentor younger team members.
- Have Experience and an interest in business development and cultivating new and existing client relationships.
- Can contribute to building a vibrant team and organisational culture – developing people, processes and standards.
- Have the ambition to assume a leadership role in a growing creative practice with an international reputation.
To apply, please submit your applications to by emailing email@example.com
Please include a cover letter, CV, and portfolio (PDF, max 10MB). Please confirm your notice period required to leave your current position and your salary expectations.
All applicants must be resident in the UK. Nex are an equal opportunities employer.