Part I position available
27 Aug 2019
Nex is an architecture and urban design studio working on special projects inspired by place, people and atmosphere.
Our buildings and projects connect architecture to the city by closely integrating with the public realm, and current work includes projects in arts and culture, learning, leisure, work and transport.
We have a vacancy for an ambitious and experienced Part 1 architectural assistant to join our friendly team in our central London studio. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of project uses and scales, following projects from concept through to construction.
We want to meet candidates who have the following attitude and experience:
- talented creative designer with a good eye for detail
- excellent communication skills with a confident manner
- good team player and capable of working independently
- confident 3D modelling in Rhino and Revit
- proficient with Adobe CS Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- good sketching ability and able to communicate ideas graphically
- good rendering and visualisation skills
Our team is young, cosmopolitan, ambitious and committed. We can offer you an exceptional mentoring and training experience under the guidance of our senior people in a great central London environment.
Your role will involve the following activities:
- contribute to developing concept designs for new projects and preparation of submissions
- assist architects with day-to-day running of projects
- develop designs from initial stages to presentation renderings and models
- undertake research related to ongoing projects
- making physical models and prototypes
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and available to start beginning of September. The position is for a minimum of six months.
To apply, please email us your CV, portfolio, and cover letter to email@example.com, telling us why you believe you would make a great addition to our team. Total file size should be under 10MB.
All applicants must be resident in the UK. We are an equal opportunities employer.